Today I’m excited to bring you an author interview from Chris Datta. His first novel Touched with Fire was a number one best-seller in the Historical Fiction category, and this supernatural thriller lives up to the high expectations readers have for this talented author.
The Demon Stone by Christopher Datta
The Demon Stone is a powerful supernatural thriller that leads you from the killing fields of Africa to the quiet Boundary Waters of Northern Minnesota. In braided narratives, Datta spins a terrifying story about the spiritual forces—both real and supernatural—that incite the basest, bloodiest and most frightening of human behaviors.
“Reading Chris Datta is like riding a rollercoaster. It’s a fast ride filled with twists and turns. His Demon Stone is scary fun. Stephen King, watch your back!”
-Richard Rashke, author of The Killing of Karen Silkwood
Interview with Chris Datta
Novel Publicity: What drew you to writing about spiritual forces, and could you explain how spiritual forces can be both real and supernatural?
This post is a notice for those of you who follow this personal blog but aren’t following my crochet blog. I’m currently running a 12 Days of Crochet Christmas Giveaway over on Crochet Concupiscence. You can enter each day to win a variety of prizes including vintage and new patterns, crochet books and magazines, yarn and and a yarn swift, crochet hooks and more. Additionally, the top three people with the most total entries will each get a signed copy of my book, Crochet Saved My Life.
Visit my Crochet Giveaways page to see the current prizes up for grabs.
And the winner of this:
I’ll email you now to find out where to send your bumper stickers. Thanks so much to everyone who entered!
Like many other people who are participating in the A-Z blogging challenge I am using the letter G today to talk about a giveaway. It is a giveaway that is actually happening on another blog but the prize is so good that I feel compelled to mention it here!
Lighting By Lux is giving away a cool modern dining room pendant lamp as well as a great contemporary desk lamp. To enter the giveaway you need to “like” the company on Facebook and then post a picture of your dining room light. If yours is the ugliest light, you win the new one. It is valued at more than $500 which is a nice prize for a free giveaway.
Learn more here.
I recently hosted my first giveaway on this blog. It was for a decorative pillow offered by a bedding company. I want to say thanks to everyone who participate and to let you know that a winner was randomly selected.
The winner was Gypsies Thread who has a really cool Etsy store that sells fine yarns and threads. Check it out if you’re the kind of person who does crafty things with yarn!
Thanks goes out to Lyz, @ShunkyDave, Sarah, Clarissa, and Lisette for your participation. Maybe next time!!
I’m super excited to have the chance to offer a giveaway to the readers of my blog. I’m partnering up with BeddingSets.com to give a free decorative throw pillow to a lucky winner. This site offers a wide variety of bedding for both kids and adults. A lot of their stuff is really pretty but it was their decorative pillows that got my attention.
What I love is that they offer a variety of different styles so it’s easy to find something that you like. The winner of this giveaway will have their choice between a really cool modern throw pillow by Sin in Linen (which would be my personal pick) or the feminine and pretty butterfly/dragonfly pillow by Fine Art Tapestries. (Each one has a retail value around $50.)
TO ENTER THIS GIVEAWAY:
Leave a comment at the end of this post. State which of these two pillows you would choose and why. Entries will be accepted until Friday, July 17th. All names will be entered into a random selection. The winner will be selected and notified on Saturday, July 18th.
Additional entry options:
You can be entered into this giveaway multiple times by doing any or all of the following things:
- Tweet about the giveaway. Follow me on Twitter. Tweet the giveaway information with link back to this post. Additional entry if you also include a link to BeddingSets.com. Leave a comment here letting me know about this and include your Twitter username.
- Follow my blog. Sign up for my RSS feed and let me know in the comments that you did it.
- Post about the giveaway on your site. Write whatever you want but include the following text (with two links in it): For a chance to win free bedding, visit Diary of a Smart Chick. Include a link to the URL of your post in the comments here. Get two extra entries for this.
- Review my blog on your site. If you like Diary of a Smart Chick, review the blog on your site. Leave me the URL link in the comments. Get two extra entries for this!!
- Do something creative to support the giveaway. I really love creative stuff. If you can come up with a creative way to promote this giveaway then I’ll give you three extra entries. It has to promote the giveaway, link to this blog and be different from what I’ve listed here. Let me know what you did in the comments!
I’m looking forward to your entries!