As soon as I saw the campaign for this book, I knew that I wanted to be a part of it. Soul Sessions just looked like something that was unique from the other books that are out there and it piqued my interest. I quickly ordered it on Amazon and I began to read it as soon as it was delivered to my doorstep. It’s a quick and compelling read that I sat down and devoured in one sitting, pausing to make more tea and eventually to pour a glass of wine but otherwise staying glued to my couch, beneath my favorite crochet blanket, turning page after page.
About Soul Sessions
Soul Sessions is the story of a man who goes through a tragedy and struggles with suicidal depression. However, he meets a psychologist who uses past-life regression to help him understand what is happening with him. Through this, he discovers that there’s a woman he has been partnered with in many other lifetimes and he becomes compelled to find her again in the current life. It’s a love story and it’s a story about the bigger question of what happens to our souls when our bodies die.
What I Loved
- I really appreciate stories that look at depression in an honest way.
- I also appreciate that there are many different ways to get out of depression and I think this one – the potential to find a lost love in this life time – is an intriguing one.
- It’s a love story. How can I not love a good love story? But it’s not a traditional love story in any sense of the word.
- It’s thought-provoking. It’s really more than love story. It’s a story about spiritual growth.
Food For Thought
Although the book is a simple read, Soul Sessions is filled with complex ideas and offers a lot of food for thought. Mulling over some of the questions that the book poses challenge me to think about my own belief system. I’ve always had this push-pull feeling about past lives. Sometimes I believe that we’ve been here before and will be here again. Sometimes I believe this is true only in the sense that the star stuff in our bodies will come and go in different incarnations. And sometimes a series of past lives that we can understand in this lifetime is just beyond my grasp and I doubt it. But what do I really believe, when all of the doubts and questions fade away? I still don’t know but the book has my mind wrapping itself around and around these questions. It’s inspiring in that way.
You Might Like Soul Sessions If:
- You like quick-read stories.
- You’re looking for something different to read.
- You believe in soul mates.
- You are curious about life after death.
- You love a good love story but want to experience one that’s different.
- You are inspired by spiritual growth stories. One reviewer said that reading this book was like getting a spiritual hug!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.